What is a virtual assistant? The easiest way to explain it is to understand it per word. Assistant, some call them secretary, administrative assistant or just VA. They have some similarities to employees whom we often meet and see working at someone’s office behind a desk.
The virtual portion implies that work is done through the use of technology like computers to complete assignments. Unlike normal employees who ride buses or commute on their way to work, virtual assistants don’t physically come into offices and work from a desk. They have their own offices, usually which are located in their own homes or some are part of a team from Philippine Outsourcers.
- Hire Screening–If you’re hiring, have your virtual assistant screen potential candidates first and only forward the top candidates for you to interview.
- Make phone calls, send your emails, schedule appointments, etc…
- Maintain your social networking sites, such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Do data entry, type your letters, emails; design your brochures, press releases via computer.
- Paying bills–If you hate doing it, why not outsource it?
- Grocery Shopping-Have your virtual assistant does some shopping for you. Combine a virtual assistant with online shopping sites like Pea pod and you’ve saved yourself an hour, a week or more.
- Party Planning- Have your virtual assistant organize a party for you and your friends. The food, venue, guest list, the whole shebang – everything can be handled by this professional.
- Diet Planning – Need to lose a few extra pounds? Have your virtual assistant organize a diet and exercise plan for you that would fit your lifestyle.
- Cost Management –Some virtual assistants are trained accountants and can manage the budget and provide audit services.
- Tracking Things Down – If you need to find anything or someone, have your virtual assistant search for it.
These are just some of the work that virtual assistants can do. All they need is a reliable computer and a high speed internet connection. Not all VA’s have the capability or the knowledge to complete all these tasks; so do make sure you get all the facts when interviewing a virtual assistant. That way, you’ll only need one vs. going to many assistants for many different tasks. If you decide to hire one, there are lots of talents from different Philippine Outsourcers.